NOW HIRING: A REALLY GOOD PROJECT MANAGER
We are currently looking to add a talented, motivated, and friendly Project Manager to our premier team. Do you think that might be you? Take a look at the description below to see if you have the chops we are looking for. If so, follow the link at the bottom to apply.
Job Title: Project Manager
Position: Full Time
Broad Position Summary:
The Project Manager position contributes to ETZEL’s client satisfaction and excellence by planning, organizing and managing key tasks and assignments to ensure successful event(s) outcomes. Environments include but not limited to festivals, trade shows, pop-up, hospitality and sponsor management.
1. Works collaboratively with Creative, Operations, Account Managers and Executive Staff to identify the elements required to support the overall strategy of identified projects/events.
2. Is accountable for providing regular and timely upward feedback on project status related to creative, operational, execution, financial and staff management or any other issues important to a successful event and or engagement.
3. Establishes strong relationship with project/event client(s) providing timely, clear and thorough communication and status updates to team members / stakeholders.
4. Develops and manages the overall project plan/timeline assigned, including tasks, accountabilities, timelines, budgets and resources required. Anticipates likely changes/problems and includes contingency plans as necessary.
5. Conducts timely and consistent project team meetings, ensuring adherence to the project plan/timeline and making adjustments as necessary.
6. Develops and manages to project budgets.
7. Develops and manages payables and receivables for each project/event.
8. Develops and manages to project staffing plan.
9. Allocates the appropriate resources to maximize efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
10. Selects vendors and negotiates contracts for product and services. Establishes relationships with and maintains a portfolio of vendors to draw from.
11. Understands a run of show/script and can review thoroughly and conduct a walk-thru before traveling on-site.
12. Understands the complexity of working inside convention centers and private/public facilities.
13. Works directly with local and union labor for onsite builds.
14. Serves as the on-site decision-maker at the event. Establishes open lines of communication and solves problems in a positive manner with an understanding of the overall event purpose/strategy. Anticipates on-site changes/problems redirecting team as necessary and managing client expectations.
15. Conducts post project/event reviews to identify successes and areas for improvement.
16. Supports RFP processes by providing requirements, cost and time estimates for project proposals.
17. Tracks and reports hours on the requested and timely basis to support the necessary preparation of financial reports.
18. Submits necessary expense reports in a timely fashion in accordance with company policy to support the necessary preparation of financial reports and billing to clients.
19. All ETZEL Employees are expected to demonstrate the ability to secure future work from our clients.
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university in Business or related field
- 5+ years relevant experience within:
- Project Management – producing events within festivals, trade shows, pop-up and hospitality.
- Account Management – client-facing, program management and identifying future business opportunities.
- Sponsor Management – understanding fulfilment, rights and industry landscape.
- Project management skills – determining tasks, dependencies and timelines, and resources required
- Knowledge of basic finance/budgeting
- Skill in negotiating on behalf of ETZEL
- Ability to use systems for organizing and managing information
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks at once
- Ability to use current office software (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to write professional business proposals and correspondence
- Ability to positively react to and resolve problems
- Ability to adapt to changing events.
- Ability to lead a team to achieve or exceed desired results
- Ability to professionally interact with clients and instill confidence
- Strong communication skills – providing the right information at the right time to the right audience in the right manner
Ready to show what you've got and join our incredible team? Apply Here!